Get everything ready before you start cooking, then this stir-fry is ready in minutes. Great for a quick supper dish. Nice too with added fresh chillies.
Sizzling Korean-style beef
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
• 300g rump steak , trimmed of all fat
• 2 tsp sugar (any type will do)
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 2 tbsp mirin (can substitute with dry sherry and a little sugar)
• 2 garlic cloves , chopped
• sesame oil
• vegetable oil
• 4 spring onions , sliced lengthways
• 1 tbsp sesame seeds , toasted
• 100g basmati rice , steamed, to serve
1. Slice the meat as thinly as possible. Mix the sugar, soy, mirin, garlic and 1 tsp of sesame oil, add the beef and stir well. Crack over a good grind of black pepper.
2. Heat a wok until very hot with 2 tsp vegetable oil. Sear the meat for a few minutes and then add the spring onion. Stir-fry for another minute then add the sesame seeds. Serve with the steamed basmati rice.
Nutrition Per serving
343 kcalories, protein 35.4g, carbohydrate 14.7g, fat 16.3 g, saturated fat 3.8g, fibre 1g, salt 2.95 g